Sunday, June 21, 2009

Everybody Needs Martha


Read: Luke 10: 38-42

One word for Mary. One word for Martha. Whom do you relate to?

What would happen if Mary never did anything but pray, day-dream, and finger her Rosary, all day? What would happen if Martha just worked and worked and never had time for anything else?

Is this the lesson? Combine the two. Sometimes, we can. Sometimes, we can't. But that's the ideal.

My thoughts:
My husband is my Martha. THANK YOU, JESUS! He is the one who took care of me when I had that purgatorial illness (yuck). He's the one who has lunch ready for me when I come home (all retired hubbies should). He's the one.........well...here's a poem describing how I feel about him.

Martha and Mary

I sit in the kitchen reading the Word
husband treads the path from stove to table.

his quick eyes check out my coffe cup--
down enough to warm up.

he's buttered my toast and flipped my eggs
to greet the morning and me.

praise God for good cooks and thoughtful lovers;
thank you, I pray with full mouth.

hhrrmmpphh! he snaps the Globe open
looking over the paper and

into my heart with laughing eyes
and no words spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment