Sunday, March 22, 2009

Addition to the Resurrection Cookies

I made these cookies last night. They didn't come out like they should. They weren't little peaks. They tasted fine but they weren't tall enough to be hollow inside. This is an important part of the lesson of Resurrection Cookies--Jesus' tomb is empty, as the hollow cookie would demonstrate.

Tonight, at the Sunday night group at the Olive Branch we ate the cookies. I learned that what I did wrong was add the sugar too fast. They are correct. I just threw the entire cup in at once. I should have added the sugar in very slowly, while beating it. That's why the mixture didn't stay in firm peaks.

Outside of the flatness, the cookies were a hit. Everyone loved the idea of the theology lesson, along with the making of the cookies.

They tasted good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment