Friday, August 20, 2010

Knock Knock

Did you hear what happened to Mrs. Murphy's after her near death experience?  

Well, while on the operating table, God came to her.  "Is this it?" She asked.  God replied, "No my child, you have another 40 years to live."

So as soon as she was well enough, she colored her hair, exercised and lost weight, had a nose job, and breast augmentation and soon became very popular.  Her husband considered her a trophy wife.  Heck, she thought of herself as a trophy.
Just as she was applying for a job as a model, she had a heart attack.

This time, she really did die.  As soon as she could, she accosted God, "Didn't you tell me that I had another 40 years to live?"                   "Oh, it's you, Mrs. Murphy!  Sorry, I didn't recognize you."
This old joke came to mind during this Sunday's Gospel.  Read Luke 13: 24-28
Yikes.  Imagine God telling you, "I do not know where you are from.  Depart from me all you workers of iniquity."


No comments:

Post a Comment