Friday, September 24, 2010

Question?

This not a legitimate posting; it is a sincere question.  If you have a Liturgy of the Hours, 4 Vol. set, I'm going to give you a reference to read.  It is Wednesday, the Twenty-Fifth Week in Ordinary Time, the Second Reading from a sermon On Pastors by Saint Augustine, bishop, pp. 298-99.

What is Augustine telling us?

This is what I'm interested in:

Behold, I myself am over the shepherds, and I will claim my sheep from their hands; and I will turn away from them so that they may not pasture my sheep, and the shepherds shall no longer give pasture.  For when I say: "Let them pasture my sheep," they give pasture to themselves and not to my sheep.  Therefore, I will turn away from them so that they may not pasture my sheep.
  
How does the Lord turn away from them
to keep them from pasturing his sheep?  
Do whatever they tell you, but do not follow what they do.  







Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment